Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

How it all began...

Many have asked about how I told Justin we were going to have a baby.  Here is the story...

We decided last January that on our anniversary we would like to begin to extend our little family.  So when we went to Europe to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary we were so excited.  Well long story short, we had a great time in Europe and saw parts of: Paris, Greece, Italy, and Spain.  We totally enjoyed our 16 days abroad and will always remember it.  Well, I am pretty sure everyone in our families thought we would come back from Europe and announce some big news.  Well, that didn't happen!!  Oh well, but now to the good part.

We continued trying and with each passing month, I grew more and more upset.  We decided that we would place our want for a baby in our Precious Lord's Hands.  In February, we decided it would happen in God's time.  Well little did we know God's time was March!!!!

As you all know, Justin is a CPA and works in Granbury.  So you can imagine how busy his life is during this time of the year, especially with the drive.  I was at home for a much needed spring break and Justin wasn't getting home until 8 or 9 o'clock some nights.  This particular Friday night, he was coming home earlier, because he wanted to go to dinner.  Our favorite place to eat is Anamia's in Southlake, and we always have a margarita.  I told him that I was going to take a pregnancy test, just in case, I hated to go out and have a drink not knowing for sure. 

I had gotten so used to seeing a 'not pregnant' on those little white sticks that I didn't expect to see anything different.  BOY WAS I SURPRISED!!!!!  There it finally was 'PREGNANT'!!!! Knowing Justin was due home any minute, I didn't know what to do. 

I had always planned on how I was going to tell Justin our 'BIG NEWS'.  And now I was finally going to get to do it.  Secretly, for the past 5 years, I have been buying children's books about children and their daddies.  I ran frantically through the house, in a towel, because like I mentioned, we were getting ready to go to dinner.  I ran into the guest room, dug out the books, along with a pregnancy book for dads, grabbed a gift bag, and ran into the bedroom.  I put the books in the bag with some tissue paper and placed the test on top. 

When Justin walked through the bedroom door, I was ecstatic, I still don't know how he didn't know something was up!!  I think he was so excited to be home early, that he forgot I told him I was going to take a pregnancy test.  We were also supposed to book our summer vacation that weekend as well.  That didn't happen.  Anyway, I told him that I had a present for him.  He told me, he didn't need a present, I said no, you really need this one.  Surprisingly, he didn't notice the test on top and started pulling out the tissue paper.  The test flicked on the bed without him seeing it.  I laughed and picked it up.  I put it in his face and he just sat there with this grin on his face.  It was the cutest thing.  It took all I had to keep from jumping up and down screaming.  After what seemed like minutes, he looked up and said, really?  All I could do was shake my head.  He got up and hugged me for a long time.  We were both in such shock we didn't know what to do or say.  However, I was still hungry so we went to dinner to celebrate.  We had such a great night eating and dreaming about how our life would be changing.

After dinner, we came home and I calculated my due date and was shocked to see November 23rd as the date.  November 23rd, is Justin's birthday.  We decided that we wanted to keep our little secret to ourselves and not tell anyone for a while.  That was the hardest secret I have ever had to keep!!!

Well, I kept the secret for a whole whopping 3 days!!!!  On Monday, I had to return to school.  I have been the inclusion teacher this year and have had several special ed. teachers in my class.  They all knew we were trying.  Not 10 minutes of the day had passed before my aid could tell something was up.  When she asked if I was pregnant, I couldn't help but smile!!!  She was so excited for us and could barely contain herself.  By the end of my 6th week, I was so tired that the other teacher's on my team started asking questions.  I told Justin that I was going to have to tell my team.  They were all so excited!!

We decided that we wanted to tell our parents in a special way, and because I am such a planner.  I had a plan in store for this as well.  We went out to eat with his parents a couple of weeks later and bought his mom a newborn ducky outfit. 

I had always wanted to tell my entire family all at once.  What started out as a family of 5 has quickly turned into a family of 13.  I was hoping to wait to Mother's Day, but that was just not possible.  I had spent several days with my family from March until the time we told them, and no one ever suspected.  Anyway, back to the story.  We decided we would tell my family on Easter.  I had made a book for my parents, my Mamaw and Grandaddy, and my Granny.  Before we all set down for dinner I gave out the books.  My parents were so surprised.  My daddy just looked at me and said really???  They both cried and couldn't believe I didn't tell them before.  Once, I figure out how to post a video I will show you what the book looked like. 

Well after that everyone knew and we could finally talk about it with others. 

We also told our very close friends, Shawn and Crissi, that weekend as well.  Crissi is already on the babysitting list.  Hopefully she will stay in the top 5.  But that is all up to Shawn.  LOL!!  That's a little inside joke.  But they know what I mean. 

Anyway, that is the story of how we told our families and friends.  It was such a great and exciting weekend!!  I will never forget it!!!!

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment