Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 8, 2011

6th Anniversary and Vacation at the Deer Lease!!!

Where to begin!!!  We got home on Sunday, from a much needed vacation.  Since we spent last summer in Europe we decided that it would be great to spend a week with nothing to do, so we went to the deer lease to camp.  Now, I wouldn't camp without an air conditioner at this point in my pregnancy, so don't worry, there is electricity and a camper trailer out there.  We had so much fun resting and fishing for a week.  We did decide that this would be the last summer it is just the two of us, so we also booked a 5 day, 4 night trip to Vegas!!!  We are very excited!!  Neither one of us has ever been to Vegas, and we will be gone over my birthday.

We celebrated our anniversary while we were gone as well.  Justin took me to this steak house called the Beehive.  It was in the top 5 of the best steakhouses in Texas.  Here are some pictures from that night.



The restaurant was set up in an old fort that they moved several years ago and converted it to a hotel and restaurant.  This is a picture of the outside after dinner. 


Off to the deer lease.  There is a camper out there with electricity and air-conditioning.  So we would sleep late, get up, have breakfast, and be back in the air-conditioning before it got too hot outside.  We have learned that I do not handle heat very well right now.  Around 6:30 or so we would head back out and go fishing and driving around on the Kubota.  It was so nice to not have anything to do, just relax and have fun together.  Justin caught a lot of fish and I did a lot of reading. 





This was the shower we used.  There is no running water at the deer lease, so we had to take a lot with us.  You can see that the shower hung down really low.  To get the full affect of the water you had to squat to the ground.  But atlease we got a shower every night!!!


This was a large ice chest that we loaded with water and strapped to the trailer.  We used this water to wash my hair and to shave.  That is why the chair is up there. 



This is where we washed dishes.


While inside we played lots of games.  This was at least a 3 hour game of Monopoly.  There are many people who think Justin cheats at Monopoly, but this just proves that he doesn't.  This is an electronic version and I was the banker.  He was in major debt and still came back to kick my butt!!!

Since Justin beat me at all the games we played, I challenged him to a puzzle-off.  Yes I know kind of lame, but that is the only thing I could beat him at.  I put together the puzzle on the left and then Justin finished the one on the right about 45 minutes later.  I finally beat him at something!!!


I can't get this to flip, but this puzzle took me 2 1/2 days to put together.  It was probably the hardest puzzle I have ever put together!!!


One of Justin's many fish!!



This is what I did...I shot the stump with Justin's 22.  Yes I made those holes and that skid mark down the side.

Overall, we had such a great time.  We enjoyed just being together and getting to discuss all the adventures that are on there way!!!  Now on to Vegas at the end of the month for a final trip with just the two of us, well Baby Bowden will go to, but you get the point. 









No comments:

Post a Comment