Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Malachi at 3 months!!!

Malachi At 3 Months!!!

I know I skipped 2 months but January was a crazy month.  Malachi continues to amaze us every day. He continues to grow by leaps and bounds and is changing daily.  We decided that we weren't ok with giving Malachi all of his required shots at once, so after much thought and prayer we decided that it would be best to give him his shots but just spread them out.  So I have to take him back this week to have the second shot given that we skipped at his two month check up.  I can't wait to see how much he has grown since January, I know it is a lot.

Since Malachi was about 2 and 1/2 months old we had to start putting bibs on him during the day.  One night while giving him a bath I noticed the area around his neck and chest was red and irritated, I decided that was because of all the DROOOOLING he has been doing lately.  So here is our first official day of needing a bib.  I thought it was a perfect one for this occasion.  It's hard to see but it says FROG DROOL on it.  Go FROGS!!!


Also around this time Malachi totally surprised me one afternoon and rolled over in his crib.  I was so excited I screamed and ran and got my phone.  I called Justin first, of course, and he started laughing.  Then I sent a text message to the grandparents.  I then ran to get the video recorder and tried to get him to do it again, and guess what???  He did!!!  I am trying to get a video posted but I am not having much luck.  I will try again later.  But for now here are some pictures of him.  These were right after he rolled over.  He was so proud of himself and he stretched.



Malachi has also learned to stick his tongue out on que.  He has been trying since he was about 2 months old, and he has learned do to it finally.  When I am not paying enough attention to him, or so he thinks, he will start sticking it out back and forth real fast and laugh.  I can't believe how big he is getting.
His Aunt Paige thinks his facial experssions are hilariously and I must agree he is looking at me here.  This is just one of his many silly faces!!!

Malachi, our daily routine looks something like this...

8:00- Wake up time- we let Molly outside, feed the fish, get a clean diaper, and I make your bottle while you are playing in the floor.  Sometimes in the morning you are so happy and smiling so much you have a hard time eating.  You always wake up in the best mood though!!
8:30- Swing time!!!  It's a little odd though, this is really the only time you like to be in your swing. 
9:00- This is when we rock for our morning nap time, right now Mommy is still taking advantage of this nap time and me and Molly take a nap on the couch while you sleep in your crib.  You are still not a big napper, most of the time you sleep an hour or so, every once in a while you will take a 2 hour nap or so.
10:30- you like to play on your Baby Einstein Mat on the floor while I make your bottle
11:00-clean diaper and feeding.  For 30 minutes or so you sit in my lap and your bouncy seat to give your morning lunch time to settle in your tummy.
12:00- it is more play time, you and Mommy also have "school time" we are learning sign language and we read books too.
1:00-sometimes you take another little nap here
2:00-another clean diaper and afternoon lunch with more play time.  We have begun sitting you in your Super Activity Seat and you are doing pretty good.  After a while your little head gets a little tired from holding itself up so we play more on your play mat.
3:00- you take another short nap
4:00- more play time and stories
5:00-this is the time you have your pre-dinner dinner
5:30-6:30- depending on how long you slept at 3:00, you take a pre-nighty-nite nap until Daddy gets home.
6:45- Daddy and you have special time in the bath.
7:00- Mommy and Daddy have dinner
7:30ish- now it's your turn for dinner, after you eat it is time for bed.  Sometimes you let Mommy rock you to sleep, others you want to just lay down on your own.
11:00- me and you have our special time in the middle of the night, you get one last dinner, we like to call it your post dinner dinner
11:30- you are officially down for the night!!!!

Malachi your Daddy and I love you so much and are so excited to see all the milestones you are reaching.  When you are on your tummy you are trying to get up on your knees already.  I know it is very early, but it is crazy too!!!

Here are some other pictures of our sweet little man who has worked his way into so many lives!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment