Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Malachi's First Valentine's Day

Malachi's First Valentine's Day

I know we are going to have a year of firsts with our little guy and we celebrated another one recently.  Malachi's First Valentine's Day!!!

Justin and I have celebrated Valentine's Day a little differently since we got married.  While we were dating he would take me out, but once we were married we decided it was kind of silly so we stay at home.  Every year Justin cooks dinner on the grill.  We have steak, baked potatoes, salad and rolls.  We say every year that we're not going to do presents and I always hold up my end and he always brings me something home.  Every year I can expect a box of Godiva Chocolates, flowers, and a piece of cheesecake from Salt Grass.  It is a great night every year.

Well this year Justin totally fooled me.  We were down in Granbury on Sunday the 12th and didn't leave until 6, he told me we would need to swing by Hulen Mall to pick something up on the way home.  But he knew I would tell him it wasn't a big deal and let's just go home.  Then we went shopping on Monday night at Wal Mart, and I saw chocolate covered strawberries, knowing there wasn't a Salt Grass around.  He got this look on his face like uhoh I screwed up.  I told him it wasn't a big deal and we moved on.

Well low and behold when he got home on Valentine's Day he brought me in some beautiful flowers, and he asked me to go to the car and get something for him while he played with the baby.  Now, I thought this was odd, but went on out.  In the seat of the car was my bag of Godiva and a to go container from Salt Grass.  I have the best husband ever.  He bought all of these things on Thursday before and had been keeping them at his office.  Even after 7 years of this tradition he still finds ways to surprise me.  I love him so much!!!

Malachi is truly a blessing to our lives and we are so glad he is here, we wanted him for so long.  But I had a dilemma???  What do you buy a 2 and 1/2 month old for Valentine's Day?  Well, I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and found an adorable little giraffe.  Well that is what he got.  I was given a bunch of themed bibs from a friend at school and didn't have to buy one for Valentine's Day.  I was so excited.  He was pretty tired by the time the pictures came around so he wasn't having much fun.  But at least I got a few.  You can see the different bibs I had in the pictures.

All in All it was another fantastic Valentine's Day in The Bowden House!!!

Here are the pictures














No comments:

Post a Comment