Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Still Catching Up...Rodeo in January

A Family Tradition

Justin and I have been together for 11 years and we have made it to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo every year except last year.  Well we had only left Malachi one time since he was born, and that was to go Christmas shopping and we were only gone for a few hours.  When the rodeo came around we thought it would be fun to go out on the town.

Mom and Dad came to the house and stayed with the baby so we could go out. 

We were so excited to go out just the two of us.  We went and had Margarita's and dinner at Mercado's.  It was amazing!!!  We made it an appoint to get to the rodeo early so we could look at the exhibits and walk around.

We love the wagon races and make silly little bets about who is going to win.  For some reason I want to think that I have won more than Justin but can't 100% say that for sure.  We found them in a barn and I had to sneak on one.

Because we need this???


We decided to walk over to the ride area and look around.  In the 11 years of us going I never knew there was a carnival type area.  For some reason, we always missed it.  ;) I think Justin planned that on purpose.  We were looking at all the fun things to do and were talking about how much fun it is going to be to bring Malachi.


On to the rodeo...

Shawn and Crissi came and met us for the actual rodeo.


This announcer has been there for as long as I can remember.  It wouldn't be the same without his voice.











Justin likes this type of cow.

We had a lot of fun and got to enjoy some time with just the two of us.  But nothing is better than coming home to your little bundle of joy.

Later on that month we went back to the rodeo with the in-laws and took Malachi.  I only took one picture because Malachi was not a happy camper.  He wanted nothing more than to be at home in his bed.  But here it is, Malachi's first trip to the rodeo.




No comments:

Post a Comment