I have been trying to decide for a few months now if I wanted to continue this blog. I am still not sure but thought I would update it. We have been very busy the last several months.
I quit my teaching job in early January because of two reasons:
1-I have always wanted to stay at home with my kids
2-Justin's job is in Granbury and we will be moving there permanently in a short period of time from now.
Justin is a CPA and everyone knows how busy tax season is for CPA's. The last couple of tax seasons, I haven't seen him a lot, often times he wouldn't get home until after I went to bed and was gone again before I got up to get ready for work, and then would be in his office all day Saturday and a lot of the time on Sundays. We decided this was not going to be OK this year, now that we have added Malachi to our family. So I quit teaching to move to Granbury so we would see Justin a little more.
We moved in February and lived in what we affectionately referred to as the ghetto.
This is a 700sq ft 2 bedroom 1 bathroom quadroplex. Yes that is right we moved two adults, a newborn (and all his stuff), and a 20lb beagle here!!
Now we have a three bedroom, 2 bathroom, pretty nice house that we are used to. This was a big change for us, but we made it work and Malachi and Justin actually got to see each other. If we had stayed in Keller, that would not have happened. So all in all in was worth it. We actually went back and forth between Keller and Granbury. We would go up on Monday and come home on Friday.
While we were there Malachi and I went and looked for a permanent house for us. I also discovered HEB!! I loved that grocery store. We were driving around looking at different housing additions and such. Our ultimate dream would be to find some land and build our dream house over time, but with the market the way it is, it might be better to buy a house instead.
Malachi and I found a great housing addition that we fell in love with. The lots are at least an acre and it seems very quiet and relaxing. We have found a house in there that we really love and could see ourselves living there.
Here are some other pictures from OUR ghetto before we moved in. We could tell that who ever lived in it before us had a huge shedding dog. So we took our carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpets and scrubbed it down. I had to bring the carpet cleaner home and clean it. A little strange I know but it was consumed with dog hair, and it was grossssssssss.
| Kitchen |
| Living room, from the dining area |
| Malachi's room |
| Bathroom |
| Our room |
| The carpet cleaner |
Here are some pictures of what it looked like while we were there. I kept myself busy by doing puzzles and scrapbooking.
| After all that work I was missing a piece |
| A slug by the front door. Justin threw it out the front door and the next morning I saw in by the street. |
| We slept on an air mattress while we were there. By the end of our stay, we had to blow it up every night. Apparently it had a slow leak that turned into a very fast one. |
| Molly didn't appreciate the other dog smells in the house. |
| The bathroom with three people using it. We had to take Malachi's bathtub out every time we needed to shower. |
| The kitchen while in use. |
| The living room...we took one of our love seats and the rocking chair from Malachi's room. |
After spending 2 1/2 months in the Ghetto, no one was more excited to be home than me...well I guess I should say Molly. She missed her back yard, her smells, and her fence.
Here is a picture of Justin's truck on the day we moved home.
No comments:
Post a Comment