Lots of things have happened in the Bowden Household since July. We decided that we would take one last vacation before Baby Malachi makes his appearance. We booked a trip to Vegas and left at the end of July. We were gone over my birthday and it was great.
| Waiting at the airport |
While we were there we rented a car, well it was more like a closed in go-cart, but it did the job. On Monday we decided to drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I had never been and always wanted to see it. Let's just say I wasn't disappointed!!! We were in the state park for a few hours, and while we were there the temperature dropped about 25 degrees and it started raining!!! We were soooo excited!!!We saw some awesome plants and of course amazing Grand Canyon views.
On the way home, because we were in a go cart, we had to get gas a couple of times. We got back late and ate at the Beligio for dinner. The next morning, we received a phone call from our credit card company, letting us know that there was suspicious activity on our card. We later found out that someone at both gas stations we stopped at charged an addition $180+ after we left. Luckily, we have a Capital One card and they canceled the card and took off the charges.
We saw everything there is to see in Las Vegas including the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop, Old Downtown, and the fountain show. We stayed at the Luxor and saw Cris Angel's magic show.
I was so excited to go to the Pawn Shop, because I LOVE this show. However, on the way, I was playing with my new camera Justin bought me for my birthday and deleted the movie Justin recorded of the fountain show. I cried for over 2 hours because I deleted it. Justin couldn't understand why I was so upset, and neither could I. I think those pregnancy hormones kicked in!!!
We had a great time, and plan on going back to spend some alone time after Malachi gets here. It seems like a perfect weekend getaway for busy parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment