Christmas With the Bowden's
We truly enjoyed our first Christmas as a family of three this year!!!
| Our First Family Christmas Picture |
My wonderful parents came into town on Saturday, December 17th, to watch our sweet precious boy, so we could go shopping. We hadn't been alone with each other since Malachi was born. I absolutely missed my little man, but enjoyed the night out with my wonderful husband. We started the night off right, by enjoying our absolute favorite Mexican Food of all times, ANAMIA'S!!!! After a delicious meal we headed off to do our shopping. We had to buy for him and a few others, but only got his shopping completed. I finished the rest up later on.
I had so much fun wrapping presents this year. I think it was because I was wrapping presents for our first child??? But who can be for sure??? Here is the first present I wrapped, and of course it was for Malachi.
The finished product.
And another one.
This is probably the smalled present I have ever wrapped. We got our brother-in-law a Bow Hunter's Magazine subscription. I was told it would be delivered by Christmas, but of course it wasn't. So I wrapped a small note explaining what his present was. It was about 1 square inch.
Christmas Eve
We spent Christmas Eve as we always do...with my in-laws. We have had this tradition since before we were married. We go over to their house around 3:00 and stuff ourselves with great food and drinks. This year was especially fun because of course we had our new addition. My father-in-law experimented with a new menu this year. We had an outstanding pork tenderloin. Justin and I decided that it was to become a new tradition.
We had a great time and enjoyed being with family. Malachi got some awesome presents from his Papa and Gramie (aka Nana and Numpy)!!! Those names are a story for another day. He was given his highchair, which matches his pack and play, a very cool jumper that turns into a very cool activity table, some old school wood puzzles, and several other fun things.
Justin got a new hunting coat, thermos, and bullets for his new 357. I got a working train. I have always wanted a train to put around the Christmas tree!! This one puffs smoke, has a bell, and a whistle. I also got the 7th season of Everybody Loves Raymond. I love this show and had all the other seasons.
I tried to take pictures but soon found out my camera battery was dead. Luckily we had my mother-in-laws camera, but I haven't been able to get pictures from her yet.
To end the night we made our cinnamon rolls, packed up, and headed home.
When we got home, Malachi and I made our first batch of Christmas cookies for Santa Claus. This was a very special time for me, because I have always wanted to make Christmas cookies with my own kids. Here is Malachi and his Daddy helping with the cookie cutters.
Here's Malachi with the finished cookies.
Christmas Morning
Santa came!!!
Christmas morning was a little different this year then years past. We woke up to find Santa had been there. He had eaten the cookies we made and even left us a note.
Here's a close up of the note.
Here are some other pictures from our Family Christmas Morning
I had so much fun wrapping presents this year. I think it was because I was wrapping presents for our first child??? But who can be for sure??? Here is the first present I wrapped, and of course it was for Malachi.
The finished product.
And another one.
This is probably the smalled present I have ever wrapped. We got our brother-in-law a Bow Hunter's Magazine subscription. I was told it would be delivered by Christmas, but of course it wasn't. So I wrapped a small note explaining what his present was. It was about 1 square inch.
Christmas Eve
We spent Christmas Eve as we always do...with my in-laws. We have had this tradition since before we were married. We go over to their house around 3:00 and stuff ourselves with great food and drinks. This year was especially fun because of course we had our new addition. My father-in-law experimented with a new menu this year. We had an outstanding pork tenderloin. Justin and I decided that it was to become a new tradition.
We had a great time and enjoyed being with family. Malachi got some awesome presents from his Papa and Gramie (aka Nana and Numpy)!!! Those names are a story for another day. He was given his highchair, which matches his pack and play, a very cool jumper that turns into a very cool activity table, some old school wood puzzles, and several other fun things.
Justin got a new hunting coat, thermos, and bullets for his new 357. I got a working train. I have always wanted a train to put around the Christmas tree!! This one puffs smoke, has a bell, and a whistle. I also got the 7th season of Everybody Loves Raymond. I love this show and had all the other seasons.
I tried to take pictures but soon found out my camera battery was dead. Luckily we had my mother-in-laws camera, but I haven't been able to get pictures from her yet.
To end the night we made our cinnamon rolls, packed up, and headed home.
When we got home, Malachi and I made our first batch of Christmas cookies for Santa Claus. This was a very special time for me, because I have always wanted to make Christmas cookies with my own kids. Here is Malachi and his Daddy helping with the cookie cutters.
Here's Malachi with the finished cookies.
I have dreamed for years about all the Christmas traditions I would want to start when we had kids. Along with the cookies on Christmas Eve, I have wanted to start a PJ tradition. I want all our kids to get a pair of Christmas PJs to open on Christmas Eve. This was Malachi's first pair. They were soooo cute!!!
Here is a picture of our 'Den Tree' before Santa arrived.
Christmas Morning
Santa came!!!
Christmas morning was a little different this year then years past. We woke up to find Santa had been there. He had eaten the cookies we made and even left us a note.
Here are some other pictures from our Family Christmas Morning
| Justin's Christmas Present |
| Malachi's First Car |
| Malachi checking out his presents |
| The Aftermath |
| After baking |
| After icing |
| The complete breakfast, a Christmas tradition in our house Christmas Part II with the Autry's to come at a later date!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment