Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Woes of Breastfeeding!!!

Breastfeeding


Breastfeeding has been a difficult task in our house from day 1.  Malachi latched on the first night perfectly, but the next couple not so much!!!  Well by the time we were home he was getting better at latching on.  With in a week he was latching on perfectly every time, but another problem developed.  Malachi was absolutely starving.  I was not making enough milk to sustain him.  This was such a disappointment. 

After talking to several lactation consultants and doing everything absolutely possible nothing was helping.  I took Fenugreek, drank Mother's Milk, pumped every two hours, ate healthy, and drank a lot of water.  I was eventually making about 5oz a day, which was only one bottle for him a day.

Well after 8 weeks, I have exhausted all my options and instead of increasing my supply it has started decreasing the last two weeks.  The last two days I have pumped less than an ounce.  Our breastfeeding days have come to an end.

This makes me incredibly sad and disappointed but there's not much more I can do.  I have to tell myself that at least he got 8 weeks of breast milk.

I am going to start making his formula.  I am hoping this will make me feel a little better about the whole breastfeeding thing.

To those moms out there that can breastfeed, please enjoy every moment!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment